Re: Change my plans ?

To: bagz@pacbell.net, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Change my plans ?
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
        I fully agree with your point concerning peer pressure.  Good
communication
with the other guys on the grid will go a long way toward courteous on track
behavior.
        As for the close racing that you felt was aggressive driving I feel
that you
have some options.  First, never get that close to anyone on the track UNLESS
you know them and trust them.  If you are not comfortable with that, you are
in control of where you place your car on the track and you can avoid those
situations.  Another option is to run your car only in exhibition where
passing is prohibited in corners.
        I don't know if you have any racing experience, but it often looks
closer
from the stands than it really is on the track.  I am not saying that it is
easier than it looks, quite the opposite!

                Doug Meis
                1967 Honda S800
                Team Escargot's motto:  "Rub shoulders, not fenders"