Re: Valiant racer

To: "Ray Ernst" <ernst@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Valiant racer
From: Jack Rubin <jrubin@ryr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 21:02:27 -0500
Not sure what the legalities are but you'll probably want to check out Jack
Clifford's (of 6=8 fame) stuff for the slant six.  Jack was a wizard with
the Hudson six and made some speed stuff for the MoPar slant six as well.  I
bought an induction manifold for Holley 4bbl and tube headers from him for
an aluminum block "Q ship" sleeper I built back in the early seventies; I
saw him at a Hudson National meet about 5 years ago, but have no idea if he
is still around (he wasn't a youngster then).  BTW, if anyone is interested,
I still have a Hudson 7X exhaust system.  This was one of the "export"
pieces which never got out of the country but made a big difference on the
NASCAR circuits in the '50s.

Jack

 (At 12:45 AM 5/12/97 -0400, Ray Ernst wrote:

>> Dodge Darts were very sucessful in early Trans-Am days in the hands of
>Bob
>> Tullius, etc. Ran 273" engines. Check out vintage Motorsport series on
>the
>> Trans-Am.
>
>I have read two of those issues
>
>I have a 273 from my Barracuda but the car has a blueprinted 170
>I want to run the Valiant rather than  the barracuda because:
>  the valiant is already a running car
>  its all one color
>  I converted it to disc brakes
>      (the cuda will have disks too...that time/money thing)
>  it isnt as special as my barracuda
>      rookie driver, other racers, dents ect... I understand and thats ok
>
>  its a four door
>     kind of a vintage  super touring
>  MoPars arent just for drag racing
>      (i hate drag racing    Gs in only two directions
>the barracuda has a console  auto and  i have the delete panel for the
>pushbuttons on the Val
> slant sixes live forever
>     although it could easily be converted to a small block  for another
>class
>
>has no one run these cars recently?
>all the info I have found has been when they were new
>the only current rwd mopar racing that turns left and right corners  that I
>have heard of  has been
>a Aspen/Volare team out of the northwest
>(except for the Mopar Action 69 Valiant 340 4spd    I know all about that
>car)
>

>Jason Ernst
>64 Val
>65 Barracuda