Valiant racer

To: "vintage list" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Valiant racer
From: "Ray Ernst" <ernst@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 00:45:19 -0400
> Dodge Darts were very sucessful in early Trans-Am days in the hands of
Bob
> Tullius, etc. Ran 273" engines. Check out vintage Motorsport series on
the
> Trans-Am.

I have read two of those issues

I have a 273 from my Barracuda but the car has a blueprinted 170
I want to run the Valiant rather than  the barracuda because:
  the valiant is already a running car
  its all one color
  I converted it to disc brakes
      (the cuda will have disks too...that time/money thing)
  it isnt as special as my barracuda
      rookie driver, other racers, dents ect... I understand and thats ok

  its a four door
     kind of a vintage  super touring
  MoPars arent just for drag racing
      (i hate drag racing    Gs in only two directions
the barracuda has a console  auto and  i have the delete panel for the
pushbuttons on the Val
 slant sixes live forever
     although it could easily be converted to a small block  for another
class

has no one run these cars recently?
all the info I have found has been when they were new
the only current rwd mopar racing that turns left and right corners  that I
have heard of  has been
a Aspen/Volare team out of the northwest
(except for the Mopar Action 69 Valiant 340 4spd    I know all about that
car)

Jason Ernst
64 Val
65 Barracuda