Re: wellesley hillclimb this weekend?

To: vintage-race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested),
Subject: Re: wellesley hillclimb this weekend?
From: "John Ashburne" <John.Ashburne@bankerstrust.com>
Date: 09 May 1997 17:17:56 -0500
This is a VSCCA event and it is on this Sunday, I'm not sure about the starting
time.  The entry is pre-war cars only, so there should be some rarely seen cars
there. Because the event takes place on the Hunnewell estate and is private
property (He was a founding member of VSCCA), only VSCCA members and their
immediate families will be allowed to spectate.

If you are a VSCCA member and want to go, it is on Pond Road on the west side
of Wellesley.  It is a right turn off of Washington Street (I'm pretty sure it
is Route 16) as you are heading from Wellesley Square toward Natick.  Pond Road
doesn't have much on it so it should be easy to find the parking area and walk
up the driveway to  the estate.  (I grew up in Wellesley so am reasonably
familiar with the area.  The Jag club used to hold concours events there in the
70's)

I've never been to event, but it's reported to be a nice, low-key event.

John Ashburne
VSCCA #396
1959 Turner Mk 1 Sports

Original Message from Hagerman @ mail.dec.com @ net on 05/09:
Please excuse me for possibly not following the proper formula for
this group; I just joined yesterday. The specific reason I joined was
to try to find out more info on the "Hunnewell Hillclimb" in
Wellesley, Massachusetts (USA) this Sunday. Is it on? Can anybody
watch? What are the directions to get there?

Thank you for any assistance, and in the future I will carefully
read stuff for a couple of weeks before posting...

Doug.
Doug Hagerman
Storage Architecture
Digital Equipment Corporation
+1 508 841 2145
please reply to hagerman@mail.dec.com
regardless of what the reply-to: field says