hmmmmm...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: hmmmmm...
From: Gary <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:15:47 -0500
Ok..here is one for all you Techical wizards out there...

Was doing some final "prepping" on my '59 Bugeye Racer in the driveway.
Got done, and looked under the car and saw a very familiar piece of same
laying on the driveway. It was one of the spring clips that hold the throw
out bearing plate onto the clutch pressure plate.(nine spring clutch...I KNOW!)
Well, last year, one of these little do dads gave up on me so I found an old
donor clutch plate and stole the spring from it and put it on this one.
I figured it was a typical "Speckman" repair job...and it was time to do
this over again..but I ordered a new clutch from Winners Circle cuz i didnt
want to take the chance of this spring falling out at speed.

Got the new clutch assembly and proceeded to pull the engine/transmission.
Well...what'd ya know!  All three springs were still in place! AAARRGGHH!!!

Can someone explain to me where the Heck, how the Heck this VERY unique
spring got positioned on the driveway exactly under the hole in the trans.
cover(where clutch fork goes through)?

Now, realize, this is spring that is found now where else on the car, I did
not have any "spares" laying around the garage that were not attached to
some old clutch plate. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?  and WHY?

Vulture?...Thompson?.....you have anything to do with this?????