Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre

To: vintage-race@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre
From: simon@LSIL.COM (Simon Favre)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 96 09:02:32 PST
> > I thought the vintage race list might be interested.  Does anyone think
> > that vintage race cars should run on authentic vintage race tires?
>
> There is certainly a movement afoot in that direction, not only in size but
> in harder compounds. FIA and Steve Earle are leading the way and other
> groups are looking at it.

There's also some rebellion against that trend. CSRG, one of the
premier West coast clubs is bucking the Steve Earle mandate. They are
not going hog wild, but they are allowing a wider range of period
vintage tires than Steve Earle, who basically has a single spec tire
for some classes. It may get interesting when people wear out the
hard compound tires they bought last year. What are they going to
replace them with, and who are they going to run with?