Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 22:38:29 -0500
> To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre
>
> I thought the vintage race list might be interested.  Does anyone think
> that vintage race cars should run on authentic vintage race tires?

There is certainly a movement afoot in that direction, not only in size but
in harder compounds. FIA and Steve Earle are leading the way and other
groups are looking at it.
Having been involved in SCCA thirty years + ago, I think we should try to be
authentic where tires are concerned. Not sure I'd like to give up my
synthetic lubricants and carbon-kevlar brakes tho....

But I CAN talk out of both sides of my mouth - I now have a whiz-bang Alfa
1600 Veloce Spider with almost every possible go-fast mod AND  a box-stock
'57 Spider for VSCCA preservation class!

Jim

Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
 jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.