Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MINI: Hoosier 10" race tyre
From: Brian Evans <brian.evans@fiberlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 16:10:57 -0800
Marcel Chichak wrote:

> Miniacs,
>
> Anyone interested in the new 10" Hoosier race tyre can see a picture of it
> at the Mini Mania home page as follows:
>
> http://www.iblinc.com/mania/Wheels_Tires2.html
>
> Ob disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Mini Mania, I don't own shares in
> the company, I don't get a kickback for promoting it, I didn't start WW II,
> I don't advocate the use of recreational drugs (but it works for me :-)
> etc.
>
> M - from work... harumph!

I thought the vintage race list might be interested.  Does anyone think
that vintage race cars should run on authentic vintage race tires?  Of
the appropriate size for the era of the car?  Why do we use such large
tires on our old race cars? (I'm thinking of 185/60-13's on bugeye
sprites, and similar things)  Is Vintage racing out of control?  Is any
one else going to HSR Atlanta?  I'll see you there!
--
Brian Evans
Major Account Manager