Re: Triumph Italia /Anybody going to the VSCCA @ Bridge event

To: pgeorge@sol.uvic.ca (Pat George)
Subject: Re: Triumph Italia /Anybody going to the VSCCA @ Bridge event
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 12:22:10 -500
> This was picked up off the I-cars list. Can anybody help him?
>
> From: pgeorge@sol.uvic.ca (Pat George)
> Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 17:26:49 -0800
> Subject: Info on Triumph Italia (Vignale, 2000 GT)
>
> As the subject says, I am looking for any information regarding the
> Triumph Italia, sometimes called the Vignale or 2000 GT. I understand that
> it was made in Turin by Maserati between 1958 - 62. Styling was by
> Michelotti.

I'm not fully versed in Italias, but the Triumph Italia was a TR3 with an
almost TR4-coupe looking body. One of the best sources for information will be
the Vintage Triumph Register Italia Consultant,

          Adrian C. Sinnott
          17 Bayley Place
          Huntington Station, NY 11745

find more info about the VTR at:
http://www.sanders.com/vtr/vtr.html

I beleive the Italia is basicly a custom body on a Triumph chassis, unlike the
Swallow Doretti and Peerless/Warwick, which were independent production cars
based on Triumph components. The Peerless/Warwick, for instance, uses a tube
frame design, with DeDion rear end, but otherwise TR3 driveline and (modified)
suspension components.

Roger Garnett- Peerless & Warwick Registrar of North America, & VTR Consultant.

http://www.wayward.team.net/slc/peerless.html
Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu) (607) 255-2522