Re: Triumph Italia /Anybody going to the VSCCA @ Bridge event

To: jim hayes <jeh@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph Italia /Anybody going to the VSCCA @ Bridge event
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 07:38:46 -0500 (CDT)
On Sun, 15 Oct 1995, jim hayes wrote:

> This was picked up off the I-cars list. Can anybody help him?
>
> From: pgeorge@sol.uvic.ca (Pat George)
> Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 17:26:49 -0800
> Subject: Info on Triumph Italia (Vignale, 2000 GT)
>
> As the subject says, I am looking for any information regarding the
> Triumph Italia, sometimes called the Vignale or 2000 GT. I understand that
> it was made in Turin by Maserati between 1958 - 62. Styling was by
> Michelotti.

        Jim,

        I'll check with my Triumph stuff at home and get back to you tomorrow.
        I've only seen a couple... ever... "in the flesh" so to speak.
        there were several Triumph "specials" of that ilk, including the
        Swallow Doretti, and Warwick GT.

        Gee, I wish I was going to Bridgehampton. Unfortunately my
        vintage race budget is blown for this year (sigh). Any chance we'll
        see you in the midwest at anytime in the near future? I can recomend
        the VSCDA Fall Festival at Elkhart very highly. There are plenty of
        Alfas there for you to play with... BTW I can offer lodging for
        an overnight in Champaign, should you decide to come up next year.

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois