tvr

Re: Vixen rear deck wood?

To: <Rikrock@aol.com>, <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vixen rear deck wood?
From: "Rolf Beuttenmuller" <rolf@octopus.inst.BNL.GOV>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:46:28 -0500
Hi Rich,

You are correct about that strip of wood at the front of the fuel tank well.
I went one step further I glassed in another strip against the rear of the
car, I think it makes the rear a little more rigid ( less flex and stress
cracking ) and I fastened the wooden shelf to the front  strip but not to
the rear one ( it just lays on the rear strip).

If you need a full size pattern for the wood I could trace mine since my car
is still in the resoration mode. let me know.
My chassis now has all four axels assembled I am now replacing all of the
brake lines and brake components.
Next will be the drive train and then the body goes back on.

While I have everyones attention. Does anybody have the specs for the 3.89
ratio Vitess differential, i.e. backlash etc.

Rolf
1970 Vixen S2