tvr

Vixen rear deck wood?

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Vixen rear deck wood?
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:46:03 EST
Hello,

Time to replace the original plywood that fits over the gas tank on a 1971
Vixen.  The original stuff was so rotted out I can't figure out what goes
where.

I'm standing behind the car looking at the gas tank area (rear window
removed) and I can see remnants of a piece of wood that looks like it may
have originally been just over one inch square, screwed to the body just
forward and above the top of the gas tank.  I am guessing that the rear deck
plywood rests on this piece and is screwed in to it.  Is that right?  What I
can't figure out is how that plywood is supported in the rearmost area.  I
don't see any traces of anything that would support it.  What am I missing?

I need to know what the original setup is.  I know that this would be a great
time to either install a fuel cell or replace the wood with aluminum, but for
now I want to stay as close to original as possible.

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA