tvr

Sunroof

To: TVR@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sunroof
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:35:44 EDT
Trevoristi-

Does anyone know if TVR will still have/sell a roof section like the one they
cut out for those darn sunroofs? I have about had all the grief I need from
the darn thing. It whistles, doesn't seal well (amazing how the drips always
end up right in the crotch so that when you get out it looks as if you have a
serious bladder problem...) and has blown loose twice, scaring the begeezus
out of me and almost causing a "real" bladder problem...
Has anyone glassed over the sunroof opening? Was it easy, or a real problem?
Did it come out looking OK?

On another subject, the openings at the back of the hood on the 2500 body
style really do work well. Coming back from a track day (where the sunroof
blew loose again) it was about 115 degrees F outside and yes, the poor thing
was running on the warm side (approx 3/4 ->7/8 of the way up the guage). When
I stuck my hand out of the sunroof hole, the boundary layer of air (about 1.5"
thick on the roof) was easily 20 degrees warmer than the air just above that
layer. I can only assume that it was the heat from the engine venting out
those rear slots in the hood. I often wondered if they really did any good,
but can now say that indeed they do!

Feelin the heat...
       Nick in Nor Cal