triumphs
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TR] TR 3 gas cap

To: Allan Stults <acstults@hushmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 3 gas cap
From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2026 21:34:09 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=none; dmarc=none; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=NnqX6Iea3EnW75JS2WNMOwJMGK3yuv/7ZgH/f8z1PNc=; b=vQF63+aR4Zh6Jdn3q3OiTKk0y/vzweSEFLMlQ6o6WhYz0QDwkz/u6KN1l9ON/K6vYJSq7m+KXP30uZC2fbUsZFsAtnOb6PFbLhYou2Soa2YnRS3WK0FbiztBhb7VhtJeqdIt97P5UELVKWC9HNak+ZBOgBQvBZ+JWZq7hp7Tkp3zC+1QFQylXDadSswaJuF5IcLZnFKxG7xZZz3I5o0AOjuO8LPnpgtb7KwjsMVr9kzwg+IDA/Hok4k6E/KIkH7XF28oyGbwz3LUWZaaqwjUnJ4KShpOi4qncX5/ldbEn3snSdhM5fCPar0M5D5o+yJwHhTMNNgUduU7/on1pHbeQg==
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=NnqX6Iea3EnW75JS2WNMOwJMGK3yuv/7ZgH/f8z1PNc=; b=kPxa5P1TET1BB2NmfVA03dU034dp7g3outzVT4wi8+1VOj7D09uL/166GqITGtws2gu3d69U3AJ7iTF3/b4PZ6jgN+z+BHMoxKVGS0mQ4JD87qeQOgMVGo1zKzvux+jyxKBXSNVPZkdtx6vuTQNZ9XCwV6/K4yziLgwqOkFDlPbu0tQW5hiT2R2gvNT03EJw2RP85g+CtEVTGEJDHgFl7/mq4IEBRpjui3rc32KZCEcAAbqfacoJ5sSQz/lSZdeMXTqzw0AQXFgbrr68zRVdDWq2nCQIoqKKTDDECZRftJdK34F2OIEWWFfZ3WLazqPhkuKWPQQky6INpfdS8kpk8w==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=VI4MGEcl/xYGapT5UnXXCNgo0WX52duqd5jlX6GCtxYKahyJNhy3CtOFkwk9P+4ChQyWJx/NoGcuKhnDv34VRhUjcjuwHbOSMih/8zD0SRIBdd6d69byb5cEOqcDucmW4Bhe85C7OGAgX5dWRWDZlYHeiSXJw4jo7SYmMFFLIkgeFwO45EZSylrUlDaZUoNpeB91+masM+JRNy9MmGSo88Mr1bfmu1R6anOcMFZqmqObkwa56MQCQzoJm791f6Zwci9p2Dev/LPT8skJWnma1Yonf16YwEmy6LW83zSe0gPOSdt/7Kqxw3xskOJITjFvQs11FYaKuJxk7CX13ihwgA==
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Msip_labels:
References: <38e2bed0beb567c7b7161f2288c91d20f077723c16077e4f@smtp.hushmail.com>
Thread-index: AQHdUQ+KOAPBWh6GnkmPsamcbDh3Hbbno+ak
Thread-topic: [TR] TR 3 gas cap
--===============8285968327585432240==
Content-Language: en-US
        boundary="_000_CH3P222MB12429430159E2693EAD58FC2B98B2CH3P222MB1242NAMP_"

--_000_CH3P222MB12429430159E2693EAD58FC2B98B2CH3P222MB1242NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Allan-

As long as you are sure you don't have the earlier threaded cap on the car =
now my guess is your cap is still stuck to the interconnect hose between th=
e cap and tank.  Do you have the hose clamps loosened fully?  I would try t=
wisting the cap until you see movement then try to pull out.  There should =
be a rubber grommet installed which should protect the paint.

Randy
________________________________
From: Triumphs <triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net> on behalf of Allan Stults =
<acstults@hushmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:46 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR 3 gas cap

I've got a '62 TR 3B that I had painted over last winter.  The chrome gas c=
ap was looking pretty pathetic next to the new paint.  I bought a new one f=
rom Moss, but am not sure how to get the old one out without messing up the=
 new paint.  The new one is not threaded.  The old one is also not threaded=
.  Late TR 3As thru TR 3Bs use one described as:   GAS CAP, w/integral exte=
nsion<https://mossmotors.com/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension>.  It sli=
des in and out, but not easily.  I cannot make my old one move.  Has anyone=
 on the list had any experience with replacing that cap?

Allan Stults
Veneta, Oregon
'62 TR 3B

--_000_CH3P222MB12429430159E2693EAD58FC2B98B2CH3P222MB1242NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
>
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Allan-</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
As long as you are sure you don't have the earlier threaded cap on the car =
now my guess is your cap is still stuck to the interconnect hose between th=
e cap and tank.&nbsp; Do you have the hose clamps loosened fully?&nbsp; I w=
ould try twisting the cap until you see movement
 then try to pull out.&nbsp; There should be a rubber grommet installed whi=
ch should protect the paint.</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Randy</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;triumphs=
-bounces@autox.team.net&gt; on behalf of Allan Stults &lt;acstults@hushmail=
.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:46 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> triumphs@autox.team.net &lt;triumphs@autox.team.net&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR 3 gas cap</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><span style=3D"font-family:Arial; font-size:14px; line-height:150%">
<div>I've got a '62 TR 3B that I had painted over last winter.&nbsp; The ch=
rome gas cap was looking pretty pathetic next to the new paint.&nbsp; I bou=
ght a new one from Moss, but am not sure how to get the old one out without=
 messing up the new paint.&nbsp; The new one is
 not threaded.&nbsp; The old one is also not threaded.&nbsp; Late TR 3As th=
ru TR 3Bs use one described as:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://mossmotors.co=
m/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension" originalsrc=3D"https://mossmotors.c=
om/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension"> GAS CAP, w/integral
 extension</a>.&nbsp; It slides in and out, but not easily.&nbsp; I cannot =
make my old one move.&nbsp; Has anyone on the list had any experience with =
replacing that cap?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Allan Stults</div>
<div>Veneta, Oregon</div>
<div>'62 TR 3B</div>
</span></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CH3P222MB12429430159E2693EAD58FC2B98B2CH3P222MB1242NAMP_--

--===============8285968327585432240==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive


--===============8285968327585432240==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>