Re: [TR] OD transmission

To: "'Rye Livingston'" <ryel@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] OD transmission
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:54:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

--===============8390226972495600403==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0A79_01D1001D.06D578C0"

------=_NextPart_000_0A79_01D1001D.06D578C0
        charset="us-ascii"

Definitely not normal.  The OD should shift positively at any engine power and
gear (except 1st & reverse of course); and not drop
out unless you flip the switch, turn off the key, or shift out of gear.

>From your description, I'd guess the OD hydraulic pressure is drastically low.
> Buy or build a pressure gauge (there is a special
adapter required) and check the reading.  Unfortunately, you'll need to pull
the tunnel, but the good news is that the OD doesn't
have to come out of the car to check the pressure.

BTW, if I am right, then the OD clutch is slipping when it appears to drop out
of gear, and may even be slipping a little when you
don't notice.  It's probably best not to use the OD until you can correct the
problem.

-- Randall

  _____