Re: [TR] TR3A Starter Solenoid buzzing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Starter Solenoid buzzing
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:59:23 +0000
---- Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> I'm assuming there's nothing I can do to fix it (tried hitting it with a
> ratchet handle already so don't suggest that)?

You might want to check that the battery connections are clean and tight; and
that the battery itself is in good shape.  It's been awhile since I was inside
a TR3 solenoid, but I don't recall it having the "buzzer" (aka pull-in coil)
that many more modern solenoids have.

Your Trombetta solenoid will probably work OK, if it is intended for automotive
applications.  The cables might not fit though, I believe most of them use
5/16" studs while the original TR3 solenoid was 1/4".

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive