[TR] TR3A Starter Solenoid buzzing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Starter Solenoid buzzing
From: Art McEwen <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:21:34 -0400
It buzzed a couple of times when I started it up for the season
yesterday but it did start.  Today all I get is buzzing.

I'm assuming there's nothing I can do to fix it (tried hitting it with a
ratchet handle already so don't suggest that)?

Will an ordinary modern starter solenoid do until my replacement comes?
I have a modern Trombetta 12V 3-post solenoid lying around the house,
I'm assuming I could only damage it and not anything else if I tried it....

Thanks,

Art

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive