[TR] Horn with a mind of its own

Subject: [TR] Horn with a mind of its own
From: deruiterville at hotmail.com (Randy and Valerie DeRuiter)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 15:37:42 -0500
Hi Irv-

Yes, uncontrolled tooting can be embarrassing!  I had the same problem on my
TR4 - you may want to slightly pull the hub away from the column, that was my
problem - the motolita hub itself was touching the horn pickup, and it happens
if there is any play in the column bushings which is pretty common.  Loosen
the clamp at the firewall in the engine bay to move the inner/outer steering
column.  Just a 1/16-1/8" or so extra and you can eliminate the issue I
think.

Randy

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/deruiterville at hotmail.com