Re: [TR] TR4A - First breakdown today

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "G.D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A - First breakdown today
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:07:54 -0500
Guy,
I think Randall is on to something regarding the Petronix ignition.
The excessive oil on the plugs is not normal either. By any chance did you
check the gap on the rings before installing them?  I had to do mine, which
were Devis by the way, even though they were supposed to be set up for the
particular size. Also, I wonder if one of the rings may have broken, or
possibly installed upside down? I know, you don't want to hear that but just
trying to offer suggestions.
Actually, there would have to be a broken ring on each piston which would be
very unlikely.
What about the PCV valve? I heard the stock TR4A PCV valve is not the most
reliable device and that could get oil into your cylinders and also give you
the crapy engine performance. I am not sure how you could check the valve
operation or temporarily remove it to see if the engine runs better. I
wouldn't run it like that too long or you would end up with huge oil leaks.
Dave Connitt

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive