Re: [TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench
From: "hdrider570@att.net" <hdrider570@att.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 13:06:29 -0800
I agree with Randal but I also use impact guns to remove pulleys from
generators and water pumps.  I have an impact ratchet handle which is
great for long threads and very handy when performing tasks such engine
removal/disassemble such as when you are undoing lots of fasteners such
as oil pans and timing covers.  I am not so fond of them for assembly as
it is far to easy to over torque things.  If I do use it it usually is
to just run the nuts down and then torque by hand.

I recently purchased one of the higher torque Harbor Freight 1/2"
"earthquake" guns and am very happy with it.  I had been using an IR one
for about 35 years but it is very down on power now as it is so worn.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html