[TR] Luggage Rack - Chrome or Stainless Steel

Subject: [TR] Luggage Rack - Chrome or Stainless Steel
From: cfmtr3a at verizon.net (cfmtr3a at verizon.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:23:19 -0600 (CST)
Gotta Luv it.   I have had 10 more responses.
4 for SS; 4 for Chrome; 2 Neither but one said if "had to choose =SS".

I also had one response that pointed out that with a bit of effort the
stainless can be buffed/polished to a near chrome finish.  (search internet for
ss polishing)

On a previous car I did have a chrome one and it did start to rust at the welds
in about 2 years and elsewhere in 5 - even with dilligent waxing.   Florida air
is definitly not Arizona - you can't leave any unfinished metal and even some
finished ones out overnight without rust surfacing.

I have decided to go with the stainless and will decide after it is here
whether to shine it up.

thanks to all who responded.
Carl
1961 TR3A TS81802LO