Re: [TR] master and slave cylinder repair or replace

To: Jeremiah Curry <jeremiah@curryclan.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] master and slave cylinder repair or replace
From: tfansher@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:55:27 +0000 (UTC)
The center portion of the reservoir is for the clutch.B  I'd do the Apple
rebuild,too. But back in the early seventies when I first rebuilt the TR3A I
was told that "brake and clutch systems age together" meaning that if I would
just replace the master cylinders in a short period of time do to increased
pressure from the top, the wheel cylinders not used to the increased pressure
would leak or fail.B  Only wanting to mess with a problem once, I rebuilt the
clutch master and slave cylinders and the brake master and from calipers and
rear wheel cylinders...cheap insurance by my way of thinking. Also, it makes
for a total replacement of the Dot 3 fluid with Dot 5.

Tom