Re: [TR] TR3 Carbs

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Carbs
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:52:01 -0800
> I have to agree with Bill ... but am wondering what he means by
> "problematic choke assemblies"

I would guess that he's had about the same experience with them that I had :
used as a daily driver (meaning the choke gets pulled twice a day or more),
the cork seals only last a year or two before they start letting fuel drip
onto the exhaust manifold.

I can still remember pulling to the side of the road in my Dad's TR3A,
lifting the hood and wondering what that "sst ... sst ... sst" noise was.
Then I noticed how the exhaust manifold was glowing dull red, except for a
place that would periodically turn dark.

Randall
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47