Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...

To: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:15:31 +0000 (UTC)
>I will be making write-up for this as this progresses over the next
>couple of weeks.  But here is the shopping list I have so far:

>- 1 denso alternator ( part number coming )
>- 1 wide belt pulley
>- 1 bracket adaption "thingy", yet to be designed for this project
>- 1 pigtail connector for the alternator

>Did I miss anything?  :-D

Nope.  The pigtail is easily sourced at any parts store.  But one thing I
learned from experience:  you cannot overdesign the bracket.  It has to both be
strongly secured against vibration AND line up the alternator pulley with the
crank pulley.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

Triumphs@autox.team.net