Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...
From: HANS DEFERRANTE <tr3@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:28:38 -0700
Randy, I reconditioned my TR3 generator --- resurfaced commutator
myself, new brushes , new bushing (front bearing bearing was still
good) ---- and found the generator  to be more than adequate to
handle , not only the starter, but also an add- on  12" radiator fan
with the radio, heater and all the lights on at bright beam. Total
cost was about about  $35,  including installation of the bushing by
a shop. The bushing was so bad, the armature was rubbing on the
stator. If the stator windings are in good condition, it is worth it,
I think.
  There is a reconditioning procedure online.
  If you are interested, I'll dig it up.

Hans

On Jun 13, 2010, at 7:53 PM, Randy&Val DeRuiter wrote:

> t was the deciding point for me.  I recommend
> the tech areas on the VTR website

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47