Re: [TR] PDWA

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] PDWA
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:25:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/2010 11:20:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
brad.kahler@141.com writes:
> I'm assuming a standard brake line union as found in the auto parts
> stores
> would be sufficient, or are the flares on the Triumph brake lines unique?

The British brake line fittings are different from the domestic ones.  One
has threads that run all the way down the nut and the other has an
unthreaded portion.  But I forget which is which.  Obviously, the fully
threaded nuts
will not work properly in the fittings that are not fully threaded but the
opposite should work OK.

So check the fittings before you take off.

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47