Re: [TR] PDWA

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] PDWA
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:46:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/2010 10:08:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
brad.kahler@141.com writes:
> What I'm wondering is since the warning circuit has not been wired
> into the car is there any reason I need the PDWA installed?  Can I
> just remove it and use couplings to tie the lines together?
>
> Personally I'd rather not have the PDWA in the car but if there is
> some overriding reason to leave it in I will, which would mean I'm
> going to have to do something about the switch leaking.
>
> I'm fairly certain I would notice a drop in braking performance so
> taking the time and effort to try and install a warning circuit seems
> useless to me.
>
> Thoughts anyone?

The only thing the PDWA does is light the Brake Fail Warning Light.  If you
are not going to connect up a Brake Fail Warning Light there is no need for
the PDWA assembly.

I guess the theory is that a slow leak can cause one circuit to fail
gradually enough for the average driver to not notice until too late.  But most
of
us are aware of our cars to the point that we would notice.

Cheers

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html