[TR] Tr 4 gas tank leak

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Tr 4 gas tank leak
From: Gary O'Hagan <goh62agan@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:03:26 -0400
Well I'm still making progress, just in a backward direction.  After
putting gas in the tank in anticipation of starting the car for the
first time, I had to deal with all the gas line leaks of course.  In
tightening the line to the tank something "gave" and now I have a leak
at tank.  The threaded sleeve loosened and now leaks gas.  So what do
I do now?  Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the tank ? Or
should I just quit while I'm "ahead," put the car together and have a
garage ornamement to look at but not drive?
Thanks all!

Gary O

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html