Re: [TR] Front license plates

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Front license plates
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:22:58 -0800
> Is it possible the Triumph Stag had those too?

Mine have purpose-made front license holders, fairly heavy chromed steel
things that fit onto the front bumper blade and hold the plate roughly
centered on the blade.

But I have seen other US-spec Stags with a different style of holder, so it
is entirely possible that it was a dealer-installed item.  Meaning that cars
delivered to states without front bumpers might not have them and/or
different dealers may have used a different style holder.  I have not
checked whether there is chrome inside the holes where the holder is bolted
to the bumper.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net