Re: [TR] Front license plates

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Front license plates
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:22:02 EST
Hi,
Ohio has that stupid front plate law too.  When I bought my Durango 4  years
ago the dealer asked:  Would you like us to ruin your front bumper by
drilling holes in the plastic or leave the front  plate off. Really the guy had
drill in his hand ready to go. I  said screw it, if Dodge does not have a
suitable front license plate  bracket/holder, leave it be.  I have yet to be
caught,
but I am waiting for  it to happen.

As far as I'm concerned anything goes on my Triumphs.  I put them on  if it
is convenient and proper mounting brackets are available which is not the  case
for the rubber bumper Wedge Triumphs.  I asked a my buddie, Ron Urcek  a
former Triumph service manager, about it and his answer was _%#@&**&&%$_
(mailto:#@&**&&;) ! Not able to  elaborate since this is a family form.  I have
those
long reflective plates  on two of my Wedges that say TRIUMPH.  I have noticed a
few dirty looks  from cops but so far I have skated arrest.

Round Tail Spits & GT6's have no way to mount them that I  know of so I just
throw the plates in the boot on mine.  My TR3, TR4's  and the TR250 & TR6 have
holes in the front bumpers, some with little  brackets so OK why not.
MySpitfire 1500 has a really cool chrome front license  plate holder so
alright.  The
TR8 has a weak bracket screwed into the front  rubber bumper.  Yuk, most of
the time it is crooked.

Cheers,
Darrell
**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on