Re: [TR] TR3 engine issues

To: llst@shaw.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 engine issues
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:03:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/2008 12:29:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
llst@shaw.ca writes:

After  about 10 minutes of motor idling, smoke/fog in great volumes exits
the  exhaust pipe. I also noticed that engine oil is blown out the
dipstick  when the dipstick is removed while the engine is  idling.

My vote is head gasket/crack.  Something is allowing water/coolant  into a
combustion chamber when it reaches temperature.

As to the oil, make sure that the motor is properly vented.  It sounds  like
you have too much crankcase pressure.
Regardless of what your rings are doing, this motor has a rather large  vent,
drivers side rear, that should handle any and all pressure that the motor
can deliver without finding other places of egress.
Personally, I would stop putting kerosene in the motor right away.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

fuel-efficient used cars.