Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3, Revised

To: DLylis@aol.com, mdporter@dfn.com, tr3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3, Revised
From: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:40:13 -0700
We went through a LOT of stuff trying to cool down Casper, high
output water pump, aluminum radiator, flush and refill with
WaterWetter/ NoRoison ... all of which helped, but it was not until
we replaced the thermostat with one of the "as original" repros
($45), that it all came together.   Now his temp goes to 185 F and
stays there.
Just last weekend we drove from Wallace to Palo Alto over the
Altamont Past at 105 F OAT and his temp never went above 190.  When
we had to pass through downtown Palo Alto (stop light every block) it
went to 210 ... but as soon as we hit clean air, back to 185  ... I
have  made my own conclusion that using a thermostat that controls
the bypass is a major factor in a cool running TR3 ...

Hope this helps

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L