Re: [TR] TR3 trailer towing/design

To: skip47@clearwire.net, opposumking@verizon.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 trailer towing/design
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:21:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/2008 10:58:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
skip47@clearwire.net writes:

My  moral(s) still apply; if you have a light tow car, the towed
weight must be  concomitantly lighter, and the driver more acutely aware of
and prepared  for processes that are masked by mass of the tow car.

Skip, I agee with that ESPECIALLY if the trailer doesn't have its own
brakes.The small trailers I've seen towed by TRs don't have their own brakes. I

once read that the reason for the weight concern is because of brakes more  so
than hp.
A small trailer being towed by a large car will be a lower percentage of  the
cars brake capacity than will a small car towing a large  trailer.

Best, Mike Moore

fuel-efficient used cars.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net