Re: [TR] [6pack] Carbon on top of pistons - engine experts please

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Carbon on top of pistons - engine experts please
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:08:04 -0700
> During WWII some tanks used a water injection system.

So did some aircraft.  There was also an add-on water injection system
available from Edelbrock in the 70s, to help high compression car engines
run on lower octane fuel.

Never did find out how well it worked, though.  One of my home-made
injection nozzles came apart and fell into the intake, kind of ending the
experiment.  Since the shaved head had other problems, I went back to a
standard head and quit having to buy octane improver by the case.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net