[TR] TR4 with OD auction

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 with OD auction
From: Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:22:11 -0500
I have no financial interest in this auction, but I just thought I'd point
out a TR4 auction on ebay.

1962; 89,000 miles; overdrive; white metal dash; steel wheels. Its offered
at a start bid of $200, and 'Buy it now' at $5,900. This seems low
compared to recent auctions, especially as the gearbox may be worth over
$1500 on its own.

Its has an modern alternator and narrow belt conversion. The OD control
may be off a 250 or 6, so maybe the OD is as well. The rocker cover and
air filters are aftermarket parts. The fuel line takes an odd path, and
it's inherited a brake switch at the master cyclinder from a later model.
Panel fit seems good, from what I can tell by small pictures. The interior
looks decent.

The rad may have an overflow added (something is going on there) and there
are some add-on electrics by the RH horn, probably to drive an electric
fan that will be replacing the original puller.

Its in Ridgeland SC. if anyone is looking for a TR4 with OD, this might be
appealing. Seems good value for under $6k, if as good as it appears.

http://tinyurl.com/3b5er9

Cheers,

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 TR4 CT14455L