[TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4
From: nwolf@u.washington.edu
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi listers
   My TR4 is lacking the original jack (through-the-floor type.)  These seem to
be scarce as hen's teeth in good used condition, but I see that TRF sells
reproductions of both the early (cast hook) and late (pressed steel hook)
varieties at reasonable prices.

   My question is: Has anybody tried the repros from TRF?  Are they as sturdy
as the originals?  Which version is better?  I assume either type would work in
a TR4, though I realize the pressed-steel hook would be correct for the car...

   Thanks very much in advance.
-Nick Wolf
'64-ish TR4
Ben Lomond, CA