[TR] TR4A Upper Ball Joint Remaoval

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A Upper Ball Joint Remaoval
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:47:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi Folks,

My fromt suspension is dissasembled and the only items attached to the vertical
link are the upper ball joint and stub axle.

The space between the link and the ball joint body is to large for the classic
ball joint "fork" I have to work.

Tried the tool I purchased...link below , but Im concerned that this will
strip/break long before the joint separates

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TA-61900.html

Also, Tried a few well place blows with the brass end of the Thor hammer from
the logical directions with the link in a vice or my trusty old black & decker
workmate.

So what's next? Would a pro use a press, which I don't have....or some other
tool...BTW, I tried the ball joint/pitman arm tool from Autozone tool rental
program , but the jaws of the tool are to wide.

Any thoughts before I bother my friendly mechanic or machine shop?

Thanks,

MG

65Tr4A
mgodley@tiac.net