RE: [TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Jacks for TR2/3/3A/4
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:21:05 -0700
>    My question is: Has anybody tried the repros from TRF?
> Are they as sturdy as the originals?  Which version is
> better?  I assume either type would work in a TR4, though I
> realize the pressed-steel hook would be correct for the car...

I've never handled an original, so can't compare.  But the pressed steel
hook version from TRF seems to work well enough jacking up my TR3A.  At home
I use a hydraulic floor jack, but I've used it on the road more than once.

Be sure to get the wrench for the top as well.  It's a Whitworth size,
ordinary wrenches don't fit right.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org