Re: [TR] Recalls & Smart Laws

To: FRED E THOMAS <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>, triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Recalls & Smart Laws
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:43:10 -0600
The news cast I heard yesterday were only specific tires made in China,
and they did not include the big brand names.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tire_problems
[quote]According to the filing, the Hangzhou tires at issue were sold
under at least four brand names  Westlake, Compass, Telluride and YKS
in these sizes: LT235/75R-15; LT225/75R-16; LT235/85R-16; LT245/75R-16;
LT265/75R-16; and LT3X10.5-15.[/quote]

I mean, even the ambulance chasers don't have Yoko's on their radar ---
http://www.tiredefects.com/private-label-private-brand-tires.cfm

Where did you hear of these other ones from Japan? I know all the major
tire manufacturers have plants in China - Bridgestone, Yokohama's, etc.
but they have different Quality Control standards than the no name cheapos.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org