[TR] TR4 brake light problem

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 brake light problem
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:33:10 -0700
A fellow pulled up next to the TR4 today and mentioned my brake lights
weren't lighting.  At home, when my 8 year old stepped on the brake
pedal, no lights. The fuse was okay, and after checking the connections
at the switch at home I found the brake lights were working if *I*
stepped fairly heavily on the brakes. More testing and it seemed like
they came on for everything except light touches on the pedal.

So I think my problem is that the brake lights aren't coming on until
I'm into the pedal. Any ideas? Would I look at the switch, or suspect
something like soft brake line swelling or coming-apart-edness?
Something else? I'm haven't bled the brakes since last summer, and I'm
NOT running silicon brake fluid.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2