RE: [TR] temp gauge

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] temp gauge
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:44:53 -0700
> just got another gauge and the reading goes to hot in a few
> minutes with the water temp still cold in the
> radiator.replaced the sending unit and the voltage stabilizer
> anyone have any clues what i should do.

My first step would be to check that the wire to the sending unit isn't
shorted to ground somewhere.  Turn the ignition on, pull the wire off the
sending unit, and check the voltage to ground.  You should be able to see it
switch between full battery voltage and zero.  If it stays zero, there is a
short somewhere.  If it stays at 12v, your voltage stabilizer isn't working
(possibly not grounded, or defective).

Then I'd work on Dave's suggestions.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org