[TR] Healy Conclave 2007

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Healy Conclave 2007
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:06:44 -0700 (PDT)
I've always thought that many Triumph guys like myself
are closet Healey wannabees.  If I didn't own my TR6,
I'd be behind the wheel of a Big Healey for sure.
Well if you are one too, then you'd love to be in my
shoes right now.  This year's Conclave - their big
national event - is being hosted by the Northeast
Region of the Austin-Healey Club of America.  Buzzing
around Burlington Vermont all this week and taking in
the sights are almost 400 (yes 400) Healeys of all
models and configuration.

My wife and I hosted a drive and a B-B-Q at our house
on Saturday for 18 new and old LBC friends, including
6 who came over from England for the show.  One of
them shipped over a freshly restored (500 miles on the
clock) RHD 1954 100-4 that has a special Le Mans
package.  It was great fun to have my newly painted
TR6 out front leading all these beauties through the
Vermont countryside, and then to have them all parked
in front of my house.  Instant car show!

The car show is today held on the grounds of the
beautiful Shelburne Museum.  Guess who's blowing out
of work early?  If you happen to be in the
neighborhood, the event goes through Friday morning.

Joe Merone
CF18928

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC