[TR] Gas in oil

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'"
Subject: [TR] Gas in oil
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:21:26 -0400
   Upon checking my oil,  It smelled of gasoline, but I have not been
able to detect and increase in the oil volume on the stick.  When I had
the engine out for bearings over the winter,  I replaced the fuel pump
with an NOS unit because the old pump had leaked into the crankcase and
had caused the need for bearings. Being NOS would make me suspect the
diaphragm leaking, but I think it could also be caused by a stuck float
in a carburetor.  Is there someway to sort out where the problem is
without pulling the pan and looking for the drip?  If I remove the fuel
pump, how can I tell if it's leaking?  Thanks for any advice.  John
Mitchell 76 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org