Re: [TR] TR3A brake pressure switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A brake pressure switch
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:24:36 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>

TR3 brake light switches have been the least reliable part of my
electrical system for the last few years.  To the point where I carry a
new spare in the boot ready to swap in.

==AM==
Sigh...yet another "they don't make 'em like they used to" example.
Five years ago, I'd just bought a then only 40-year-old Herald 1200 and
was getting ready for the drive to Minnesota for the VTR convention. I
discovered that the original Lucas hydraulic brake light switch had one
of the two spade terminals broken off, rendering it pretty much
useless. (Go figure: only 40 years old and parts already giving out.)

Being a bit pressed for time, I went out to one of my parts Heralds and
pulled a then-42-year-old switch off, put it on, and motored off with
brake lights restored. Still works five years later.

Always nice to have NOS (nasty old stuff) around. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
from AOL at AOL.com.

===     http://www.vtr.org