Re: [TR] TR3A brake pressure switch

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A brake pressure switch
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:34:14 -0700
On Tuesday 19 June 2007 08:14 pm, Art McEwen wrote:
> I can't imagine a harsher environmental location for that unit
> (electrical contacts directly under chronically leaky carbs, who's idea
> was that?), but mine has failed.
> Removal for cleaning didn't help  Is that common?

TR3 brake light switches have been the least reliable part of my
electrical system for the last few years.  To the point where I carry a
new spare in the boot ready to swap in.

I suspect that the current manufacturer is using a critical component
with a lower temperature rating.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org