Re: [TR] Peking to Paris help.

To: "tom white" <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Peking to Paris help.
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:16:39 -0500
Tom White wrote:

> I am in St. Petersburg, Russia.  On my way in from the airport this
> evening a couple running the Peking to Paris race were stranded.  I
> stopped to offer help.  The guy, Jeff asked if I knew anything about SU
> carbs.  I told someone on my email list would know everything about them.
>
> Jeff and Penny are driving what I recall from the marque as a London
> Vanguard.  My guess would be a mid teens or twenties.  I didn't have time
> to ask many questions since I bailed out of my driver's car in traffic to
> get to the stranded couple.  Jeff did not know the model of these SU carbs
> but said they do not have the adjustment nut on the bottom.  They are on a
> six cylinder overhead valve engine.
>
> Would anyone who knows anything about these carbs please send me an email
> with anything and everything you may know about them?

I looked up the driver/co-driver's names on the entry list and the car they
are driving appears to be car #40, a 1934 Talbot 95 with a 2.6 litre
six-cylinder engine.  I have no idea what kind of SU was installed on this
car, but maybe someone else does.  A little better description of the
problem would help in troubleshooting.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
Plainfield, IL