RE: [TR] OT? Garage floor coatings

To: 70tr6@mindspring.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] OT? Garage floor coatings
From: "John Henard" <johnhenard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:37:36 -0400
Ashford,
The previous owner of my house used two systems that I can comment on.
In the main garage, they used an epoxy system for both bays. I am not sure
which product was used but it has since peeled where their car would park
with the tires hot. I would have reservations about using about selecting
this method if I have to do another garage.

In the added garages, they put down industrial style tiles (black and white
checkerboard) for both bays. This is wall to wall and appears to be sealed
and waxed since fluids puddle nicely. I would definetly recommend this
approach. It would require a bit more sweat equity though.

Let me know if you want to a tour.

--John Henard
1971 Spitfire
Atlanta, GA