[TR] Clutch fluid in the car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Clutch fluid in the car
From: <thenicholls@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:13:00 -0500 (CDT)
Hi list,

I have a 1972 Triumph TR6.  Noticed today that fluid is dripping inside the car
from the slave cylinder.

Checked the fluid level in the master cylinder and it is low.

What is the advice of the list on this?  When you replace a slave cylinder do
you always replace the master as well?  No leakage is visable on the engine
side, only coming from the rubber boot in front of the slave cylinder on the
inside.

I know I am in need of a clutch at some point, but with new carpet on the
inside I need to take care of this first.

How should I proceed?

Thanks,

Craig H. Nicholls
Vienna, VA