[TR] tapping for 12v?

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] tapping for 12v?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:58:02 -0400
I almost forgot in wiring my console; what wire/gauge may I 'tap' in order to
get 12v power for accesories (not that I have any; although I've got a Lucas
65watt alternator in a box somewhere to install a year from now).
    Typically, you can get 12v that's always hot and 12v that's only hot with
the key switch on.  I don't know what I'd prefer; seems like 12v only hot with
the key on might save the battery.  BTW, what does leaving the switch on do if
you have electronic ignition? (not that I have that either, but, maybe in
about two years...

Any other wires I've forgotten...for a stock setup?  Maybe Dan Master's
non-stock setup in about three years....

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 tr3

===     http://www.vtr.org