RE: [TR] TR 3 transmission cover underside

To: "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR 3 transmission cover underside
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:19:51 -0700
> What might be the 'group think' be on adhering it to the underside
> of my transmission cover?

Depends on what it's made of, IMO.  I wouldn't want to use anything porous;
or that oil will attack.  Come to think of it, not sure I would trust the
adhesive to actually hold it on, given the rather high temperatures, oil and
water that area sees.

I used rather thicker insulation, the kind with synthetic felt sandwiched
between aluminum foil (sold as water heater insulation as I recall), between
the tunnel and the carpet.  Worked out well for me, I'll probably do it that
way again (except this time I'll also use it on the floors).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org